St Peter parish has been a part of Newberg for many decades.
|1895||St. Peter’s is established as a mission, worshipping at the St Anthony Chapel Car|
|1908||First church is built, a small stone structure on Main Street|
|1930||Father Thomas Jackson is appointed the first resident priest|
|1956||Parish buys an unused school building; two of the classrooms used for a church, and the rest for a school run by the Holy Names Sisters|
|1961||Parish builds one of the first round churches in the country, on Wynooski Street|
|Early 1990’s||Eight acres purchased at Mountainview St and Main St|
|2000||New church constructed at its present location, 2315 N. Main St (Catholic Sentinel article)|