…that their hearts may be encouraged as they are brought together in love, to have all the richness of fully assured understanding, for the knowledge of the mystery of God, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” Col 2, 2-3
The Journey toward Confirmation
At St Peter Parish, our Confirmation program is designed to strengthen each candidate’s unique gifts as they grow closer to Jesus, stronger in their knowledge of our Catholic faith, and put purpose to their innate discipleship through intellectual, emotional and spiritual connectivity using the power of the Holy Spirit as our guide.
- Teens must have received the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist and be practicing their faith.
- Plan to be an active member of our HS youth group (Sun 6:30-8pm)
- Attend our Spring Confirmation retreat
- 2016-2017 Preparatory classes will begin on October 2, 2016 (11:45am-1:15pm/parent meeting@end of class at 1:30pm/after mass)
- Download our Sacrament Preparation form here: Sacramental Prep:Confimation
We thank God for choosing these wonderful young people to be His words of comfort, hands of service, and witnesses of faith. We pray He strengthens them to know the Holy Spirit and to be open that they may be fortified in His to live faithfully.
Damos Gracias a Dios por escoger esta gente joven para que sean Su palabra de Consuelo, sus manos en el servicio y testigos de la Fe. Oramos para que Dios los llene del Espíritu Santo y les dé una mente abierta para llevar así una vida fiel a Dios.
THINKING ABOUT CONFIRMATION?
These videos both speak to the power of this spiritually nourishing sacrament. As this is the final sacrament of initiation of the Church, we ask that you prayerfully consider that you are ready….talk to those you love about it & your pastor or youth minister too. Let us know how we can support you in this empowering set along your journey of faith.