Consider the opportunity to attend the Sacrament of Reconciliation, as a family.
- For a child (and marriage) Examination of Conscience, SEE resources at => https://famlife.archdpdx.org/reconciliation
Catch The Spirit!
As a people of faith, we are called to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Catechesis – teaching the faith – is an essential work of the Church. Beginning in the home and permeating parish life, catechesis attempts to echo the faith in the liturgy, sacraments, words and works. St. Peter faith formation program presents rich opportunities for all parishioners to grow closer to God and deepen their spiritual lives, both on an individual basis and as a community of faith.
Programs are offered throughout the school year for students Grades 1-5/6*. (*Note: Parents of those with children in Grade 6 are welcome to choose between Faith Formation or Youth Group for their child.)
- Wednesday evenings: 6:30pm to 7:45pm
- Todos los miércoles de 6:30pm a 7:45pm
CALL SHELLY #(503) 538-4312
- Parents will need to bring copy of sacramental records.
- Register with payment by check or cash only. ($30/year)
Children 2nd- 6th grades:
For a child to be eligible to receive First Eucharist, the family must be a registered member of St. Peter Catholic Church.
In addition, these requirements must be met:
1. A child must be in 2nd grade and have reached the age of reason (7 years old).
2. Children must be in their second consecutive year of religious instruction.
3. A baptismal record is necessary if not baptized at our parish.
4. Attendance at weekly Mass is an integral part of the preparation process for this sacrament.
5. Completed all First Reconciliation home study/prep lessons (Fall/workbook).
6. Must attend all First Eucharist home study prep lessons (Spring/workbook) & the First Eucharist Retreat (May).
7. An interview to confirm a child’s readiness to receive First Eucharist is conducted in the Spring.
*NEW* Sacramental Preparation (2 year program) participants will have an additional book fee of $15 per sacrament: Reconciliation and/or Eucharist. Parent Education will be presented weekly, during regular faith formation time, to guide and empower the weekly lesson to be done within your home over a 6 or 8 week course. It is strongly encouraged that all parents of children in sacramental preparation attend these weekly sessions if you need refreshing!